Better Late Than Never
I'm finally home and able to post. Some time today, I answered as many as I could remember of the memetic questions. I forgot all about tv shows though. I'll think that through while I write.
Eight things I'm looking forward to:
1. Going to Vancouver tomorrow to visit my son
2. Attending Evensong with said son
3. Driving to Wyoming in July to visit my sister
4. Singing at an old folks' home with said sister
5. Watching the numbers on the scale come down and down
6. Buying a new, smaller, belt
7. Taking lots of summertime walks
8. Having written 50,000 words in November
Eight things I did yesterday:
1. Spent 40 minutes at the gym
2. Swam for 10 minutes
3. Spent time reading Chocolat
4. Worked 8.5 hours
5. Tried to catch up on happenings in the Land of Blog
6. Fiddled with this Sunday's Original Poem
7. Drank several cups of iced coffee, my latest passion
8. Watered the hanging baskets
Eight things I wish I could do:
2. Stave off the ravages of old age
3. Hug my daughter, who lives far away now
4. Make amends to the people I've hurt
5. Stop worrying
6. Make life easier for my children
7. Handle money wisely
Eight TV shows I watch (faithfully):
2. The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
3. Countdown with Keith Olbermann
4. The Rachel Maddow Show
6. Criminal Minds
(That was easy.)
Eight of My Favourite Foods:
1. Pasta, any kind
2. Rice, any kind
3. Bread, especially heavy stuff with lots of grains, and most especially sourdough rye
4. Cheese, any kind except that nasty brown Norwegian stuff that looks like Kraft caramels and tastes as if it died - oh, and except processed supposedly cheese-like substance. And now, having read Kat's comment on my comment on her meme post - I can say Especially Gorgonzola. Kat won't fight me for that, 'cause it's blue(ish).
5. Cheesecake, the kind with real cheese in it, especially if it's topped with sour cream, and really especially the stuff they serve at Pagliacci's in Victoria.
6. Eggs - poached, coddled, boiled (hard or soft), scrambled, Benedict, Florentine - any way but fried, really.
7. Chocolate, the darker the better
8. Spinach. Yeah. Cooked (see #6, for example) or raw (the latter in a salad with sliced red onion and slivered almonds and raspberry vinaigrette. A few sliced, fresh strawberries don't hurt, either)
I ran out of numbers. Where can I put the cashews? I know. I'll dip them in the chocolate. ;>)
Eight Places I'd Like to Travel:
4. The Southern United States
6. Wales (beyond Cardiff, where I've been)
7. Czech Republic - specifically Prague
8. Italy (Tuscany, eh?)
I had to think more than I expected about that last one. I've been very lucky in that I've been able to travel to - and in - Canada, the U.S., Mexico, Colombia, England, France, Spain, Portugal (and Wales as far as Cardiff, which is just over the bridge from England). I sometimes think I've done more traveling than anybody has a right to - but there are still places that fascinate me, and that I would love to see.
Okay. That's my meme done. The passing of the torch will have to wait until Monday, as I have to get my act together for my trip across the pond tomorrow. Thanks to Poetikat for kindly tagging me. I learn from these assignments, and I have fun doing them.
- ► 2010 (89)
- BetterU Tuesday Report- I feel like overcooke...
- A Very Bloggy Movie I just watched a trailer fo...
- R.I.P. Gale Storm - another childhood memory I h...
- Original Poetry Sunday, Vol. 1, No. 7 It's been a...
- Friday Photo Shoot-Out - Colours of the Rainbow ...
- Theme Thursday: Summer Write about it? It's all ...
- Joshilyn Jackson Rocks, and So Do I. I don't roc...
- This is Tuesday, and as such, I should be reportin...
- Nordic Walking Before I talk about my walking pol...
- One Single Impression Assimilation The sound of ...
- Original Poetry Sunday, Vol. 1, No. 6 But firs...
- The Great Gabriola Getaway I don't know why ...
- Friday Shoot-Out - Metal: I'm Back (Sort of) I'v...
- Road Trip to Mt. Washington AND BetterU weekly rep...
- Another BetterU milestone passed The little bro...
- Original Poetry Sunday, Vol. 1, No. 5 Inasmuch...
- P.S. - The Friday 56 Post I came across a meme at...
- I Rule! I went for a walk this morning. First I ...
- Friday Photo Shoot-Out - M My graffiti find...
- Theme Thursday - Swing The first thing that came ...
- A Stolen Moment in Blogland Again, today, I d...
- Best Laid Plans Today is Tuesday, the day when I ...
- Another Bon Voyage Yesterday, I boarded the Que...
- Original Poetry Sunday, Vol. 1, No....
- Better Late Than Never I'm finally home and able ...
- Friday Shoot-Out - Prodigal Summer Boldly s...
- Theme Thursday: Clock There are so many possi...
- Oh, look! Another poetry site - One Single Impres...
- The Beginning of the Beginning (TMI) Benign Negl...
- BetterU Tuesday: The Beginning For some reason, ...
- ▼ June (30)