Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The things I learn by watching Jeopardy -

Woo-hoo - I've got myself a goal.I want to look like Helen Mirren. Not Helen Mirren as The Queen. Helen Mirren as the nearly 63-year old bathing beauty photographed on the beach in Italy. Click here.

How timely, this article. I'm just about to launch (officially) into a 12-week fitness/weight loss program, at the urging of Joshilyn Jackson (Faster Than Kudzu). Somehow, I don't think I'll be giving Helen any competition at the end of the program, but I will certainly give it a try. I will not, let me state categorically, be buying a bikini.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your award-- Mad Aunt Bernard's blog is really a riot.

Best of luck with your exercise program!

Sandra Leigh said...

Thanks, John. I'm hoping to fit through the Turtle's door so I can join Robin on the trip to Wyoming and Manitoba in July.

Barry said...

I was at a workshop conducted by Dr. Buckman who was talking about health and he was saying that we would all have no health issues to worry about if we looked like a grayhound and crapped like an elephant.

I think he was talking metaphorically.

Good luck with your new fitness program!

Too bad there will be no bikini photos!

Sandra Leigh said...

Re: Bikini - Barry, you don't even want to go there. ;>) I think Dr. Buckman is on the right track. So far, I look like an old Lab - you know the ones - with their bellies dragging on the ground. I'm working on the greyhound thing, though!

Anonymous said...

Best of luck! You'll feel better too. I use my basement stairs a lot in my exercise routine...ps I've never worn a bikini, ever, or had the desire. :D

Sandra Leigh said...

Kimmi, I don't have a basement, so I can't use your exercise technique (though it's a great idea). I do have a university a few blocks from home. It's built on the side of a mountain, so it has more stairs than I ever want to climb. I really should take your suggestion and climb two or three flights on my non-gym days.

Blog Archive