Tuesday, May 12, 2009



Mrs. Leigh, she's got a lovely daughter...


You remember my daughter, don't you? The one who slept through the skunk invasion? I talked about her in this Theme Thursday post. When my daughter was little, I called her Dunkle, so that's what I'll call her on this blog. Well, Dunkle's all grown up now and living far, far away. We talk as often as we can, and I think she follows this blog (though not officially) to keep track of what's going on in my head.

Dunkle and her husband have sent me flowers for Mother's Day for the last few years, and it's always a treat to see the van arrive. This year, I thought the tradition had run its course, and that was just as well, given our economic times. But when Dunkle called me on Mother's Day, she asked whether I would be home on Tuesday - and now I know why. A van pulled up outside just a few minutes ago, and a man struggled to open the gate. I met him outside, and he handed me this beautiful bouquet.

I promptly took a couple of photos of it,
and I let Wilson check it out. He said "Purrrrrrrty!" I think he shook the vase a little, as the picture is slightly out of focus.

Speaking of Wilson, I believe I've found a companion for him. It isn't Duffy, the bear I've been looking for (I may have to wait until I go to England next, to find her). But I found another companion, one who will bring back fond memories to me, if not to Wilson. More on that, tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I have had an interesting day. Not only did I receive a great surprise, but I voted in our Provincial election. I voted Green. I am a voice crying in the wilderness, I know, but I did it anyway.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

If enough voices cry in the wilderness, maybe someone might listen-- that's my theory.

Go, Wilson-- shake those flowers!

Sandra Leigh said...

LOL! Don't encourage him. ;>)

Angie Ledbetter said...

Attagirl, Dunkle! :)

Sandra Leigh said...

Hi, Angie- good to see you.

Virginia said...

A happy belated mother's day to you. I followed you over here to your blog because of your wonderful short bits on my blog. I'll be visiting often now that I've found you.

Sandra Leigh said...

Thank you, Virginia, and welcome aboard - I love your blog. It's great exercise!

Blog Archive