Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ready, Fire, Aim!


Suddenly,

I'm on my way to Victoria for the day. I guess it's not all that sudden. We've said we would make the trip one of these days when the sun was out and we were both free - but today, all of a sudden, the sun is shining in spite of the forecast of rain, so we are going to make a run for it.

Yesterday, I composed a haiku for the Pet Haiku contest at SFGate.com, and I submitted it. The deadline is May 22, so I wanted to make sure I didn't wait too long. I should have waited at least long enough to read the rules. Casually thumbing through the site after I had tweeted my entry, I found the rules, read them, and saw that I'm not eligible to enter the contest, because I don't live in the continental U.S. Well, damn. I can be in the continental U.S. within three hours - less, if I really hurry. Anyway, I sent SFGate an e-mail asking them to withdraw my little effort, which was this:

So there's your fair warning. Don't enter the contest if you don't live in the U.S. - but if you are eligible, and you want to enter, you'd best do it quickly.

Anyway, I'm off. I'll be strolling along the Dallas Road shoreline, having a look at the flowers in Beacon Hill Park, and generally having fun.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a great time-- too bad about the SFGate thing-- post it on the blog!

Sandra Leigh said...

I did, but I guess it's hard to see. I wrote it on the photo. If you click on the photo, it will get big enough to be legible, I hope. But just in case, it was:

The road looks the same,
But there is something missing -
No dog at my side.

Unknown said...

Good lord, Mr Observant-- sorry 'bout that-- thanks for posting it & pointing it out!

Sandra Leigh said...

;>)

Blog Archive