Wednesday, March 07, 2007

We went to the lagoon this morning with Roger and Chantal (whose name I have now learned to spell) and Blitzen. We must have been there for nearly three hours, taking turns at using the canoe, collecting shells (I have some beauties now), walking along the beaches. At 3:30 Chantal and I went to Maria's cooking class, this one on Mexican cheeses. Friday will be the field trip to the supermarket - Ley - where we will buy samples of a dozen or more cheeses; then the afternoon tasting party.

By the time we got back from the lagoon today, I was feeling decidedly sleepy. I had trouble staying awake during the class, but I managed, and I don't think my sleepiness was too obvious. Then I went to the tortilleria and the grocery store up the street, brought home tortillas and some spices for a curry I'm planning to make tomorrow, then started working on spaghetti sauce for tonight's dinner. We ended up having our neighbour Russell over to share the spaghetti; he and R are still outside, enjoying the evening.

R&R were supposed to be going out on Russell's boat tomorrow, but that has now been put off until Saturday. I think a quiet day tomorrow would be a really good idea. This holiday stuff is exhausting.

No comments:

Blog Archive