Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I have to get up at 4:30 in the morning tomorrow, so I'm going to schedule this post and go to bed early. I have only two things to say:

1. Joshilyn Jackson's gods in Alabama is hilarious. My favourite line (at least so far) is "I'm a credit to my race." If you haven't read the book, you must - if only to find out what that line is all about, right?

2. While I'm giggling my way through gods (somewhat uneasily, because it's not all giggles), The Unbreakable Child is sitting here, waiting patiently.

I am the happy possessor of an embarrassment of riches.

Wednesday afternoon - Wait - I do have more to say. First of all Happy Earth Day, everybody.

Second - How can I have forgotten to say that the dogwoods are in bloom? We have some high winds happening, and they are ripping the blossoms off the ornamental plums and cherries - but the brave and stalwart dogwood blossoms are taking their place. The blossoms are still deep yellow-green. Now I get to watch them gradually lighten to that wonderful, luminous pale-green-almost-white that takes my breath away. When I die, I want my ashes scattered under a dogwood tree.

No comments:

Blog Archive