Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Aack! As I was closing up yesterday, I heard another ruckus in the shrubbery, and out came Snickers, my provider's dog, with an iguana dangling from her mouth. She put it on the ground and it didn't move. I shooed Snickers away and watched for a few minutes, but there was no sign of life from the iguana, so I gave up. I don't know whether she killed it or whether it fell out of the tree and was killed by the fall. Whatever. Snickers ate well yesterday.

I didn't take the camera with me to the sunset last night, and I regretted it. There weren't clouds to produce the spectacular display of a few nights ago, but there was a haze that covered every bit of the sky and made the sunset colour spread evenly across the horizon. It was altogether different from any sunset I'd seen here. By the way, one of the neighbours told me that the "green flash" I've been hearing about, that occurs sometimes just as the sun is disappearing, is not an atmospheric phenomenon at all, but something that occurs within the eye itself. He says some people never experience it, others see it all the time. Is that true?

I had an e-mail this morning from our friend Andy, who says he and his wife, April, will be in Puerto Vallarta next week. If that's the case, we may amend our itinerary. We are only 400 kilometres from there. What an exciting development!

I've spent most of the morning hanging around the RV, waiting for Tony to show with the laundry. It's nearly noon, and he hasn't. He was supposed to be here between 9 and 10 o'clock. I've decided that Tony has a fetish for the large, worn, and shapeless garments of sixty-ish Canadian women, and I will never see my clothes again. I'll have to do the rest of this trip on one pair of shorts, one bathing suit, two athletic t-shirts, and some underwear. At least I have underwear. ;>)

No comments:

Blog Archive