Monday, March 16, 2009

Home

...at last. We got home yesterday - but as we had arrived early, our cable was not connected. That didn't happen until about three hours ago. So we had television. Well, that was a start. For the next hour and a half, I watched nervously as the little lights on my modem flashed. They aren't supposed to flash. I unplugged and replugged the power cords - eight times - then gave up and called the cable company. I'm glad I did, because the problem wasn't at my end. They had to fix something in their office - but finally, I am online.

Beware the Ides of March. After driving over Grants Pass and the Siskiyou in both directions, after driving the length and breadth of Mexico - to elevations in excess of 7,000 feet - we finally encountered snow yesterday in West Vancouver, on our way to the ferry. We had to do some unpacking last night, and we did it in a mixed rain/snow storm. I remember now why we go south for the winter.

I almost forgot - yesterday, I was on the ferry when I remembered the walking challenge, so I went up on deck, walked around and around and around until it got too cold and windy to stay up there. Then I went down to the passenger deck and walked around and around and around until my pedometer read 3,500 steps (my goal for the day). About 2,000 steps along, I realized that my pedometer wasn't working right. It was recording 180 steps to do the full circle, but when I counted my steps, I counted approximately 330. I wanted to make sure I did my full quota, though, so I kept going. The rest of yesterday's steps were from motorhome to house to motorhome to house.........

It feels good to be home, though. My bed here is so low, I can just sit down on the edge - not climb five feet in the air to get into it!

No comments:

Blog Archive