Friday, January 25, 2008

I walked to Santa Rosa (the Super T store up the road) to buy eggs this morning, and Maria was there (Maria my Mexican Cooking teacher, that is). We chatted for a few minutes. She told me that she plans to go to Hermosillo tomorrow by bus, and asked if I would like to go with her. Well, of course I would! We'll leave here at 8 a.m. and catch the bus from Guaymas at 8:30. Apparently it's about an hour and a half to Hermosillo, not the two hours I thought I remembered, and the bus fare from Guaymas is 90 pesos, about $9, each way. Maria knows a great place to have breakfast in Hermosillo. Then we'll go do whatever business she has there, I'll look for a few things I need (like sticky-backed garment hooks, which simply do not exist in Guaymas), we'll go see the church (THE church? I suspect she means there's a cathedral or some such) and the plaza, maybe catch a movie - hmmm, I wonder if The Kite Runner is playing in Hermosillo - and come back here late in the day. I will take the camera, so this journal should have some interesting photos in a couple of days. It's an exciting prospect to visit a city like Hermosillo, which is the capital of Sonora, with someone who knows the place and and its history and speaks the language.

Robin and Roger took Roger's little inflatable dinghy out for a float a while ago. Chantal and I both heard an ambulance go by about half an hour ago, and the next thing I knew, she was off to look over the wall at the water. I'm glad she did it, because I was a little nervous as well, but she couldn't see the guys. I don't know where they put the boat in, but it wasn't any place that was visible from this part of the beach. They arrived home a couple of minutes ago, safe and sound.

No comments:

Blog Archive