Friday, July 02, 2010

Breaking News --

The second edition of Kim Richardson's  The Unbreakable Child


is coming out on Amazon October 1. The Unbreakable Child has a new publisher -- Behler Publications -- and a gorgeous new cover. You can even pre-order it from Amazon. Just click here.

I think I've said before that Kim is one of my heroines. I don't use that term lightly, being of the "We all put our pants on one leg at a time" persuasion, but Kim has earned the title. What makes Kim my heroine is not just the courage with which she survived a childhood that would certainly have broken me, or even that she stood up to her abusers in court, revisiting memories that she surely wanted to put behind her. What I find most admirable is that she never stops caring, never stops putting herself on the line. Just this April, Kim sent an open letter to Pope Benedict XVI in which she called him to task for the ongoing cover-ups of clerical abuse.  She wrote:

Along with tens of thousands of victims globally, I am still waiting. We are waiting for an apology and an admission of accountability from you and the Church’s hierarchy.

I have an idea. How about if we all buy copies of The Unbreakable Child and send them to the Vatican -- or donate them to our local libraries -- or just share them with our friends and family? Kim's is a story that needs to be told, a story that needs to be heard. Just in case you don't know Kim already, you can find her at her blog, Writer in Waiting,  and you can find her book at Amazon. I hope you will do both.

4 comments:

Linda Hoye said...

I agree, Kim is one of my heroines as well. Lovely blog you have!

Kathryn Magendie said...

I really like that new cover and am so glad she found a good home for Unbreakable Child!

Sandra Leigh said...

Hello, Linda -- thank you very much.

Yes, Kat, I'm delighted with that cover. The rosary is very evocative. It was a good choice.

Kim said...

:waves and sends hugs to Linda & Kat:

Thank you, Sandara, your praise and words are beautiful and kindly appreciated. I'm humbled.
x0

Blog Archive