Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Phew!

Well, that was quite a trip. We did fly home on Friday. We left Richmond at 7 a.m. (11 p.m. the night before, here in B.C.) British Airways had paid for our flight on Air Canada. I managed to get the two seats that Robin and I like (way at the back of the plane, in one of the two-seat rows). The plane turned out to be a Boeing 777, and we actually had leg room. It was wonderful. We both enjoyed the flight. One of the movies on my menu was "Alice in Wonderland", so I tried to watch it - did manage to see Antony House - but then fell asleep about ten times in the course of the movie. I'll have to watch it again some time, when I'm not on a plane.

I did watch two other movies, both chick flicks, but I can't remember what either of them was. That may be because after the very pleasant flight, things got complicated. We landed at Vancouver around noon, got our luggage, took the Sky Train to Burnaby, picked up our car, and drove to Horseshoe Bay. We were trying to catch the 5 p.m. ferry back to Nanaimo. We got there at 3:30 p.m.

SIX AND ONE HALF HOURS LATER, we sailed for Nanaimo. I'm still not sure what the problem was, but I know how it affected us. We drove into our carport at midnight, 25 hours after we left for the airport in London.

I had to be at work at 6:00 a.m., so I basically walked through the house, dragging my suitcase behind me, and  collapsed into bed.

One advantage to jet lag, at least coming this way, is that when I had to get up at 4:45 in the morning, it was after lunchtime in my head, so I bounced out of bed and headed to work. I got through the day without falling asleep. On Sunday, I went to work again, but I started feeling ill in the course of the day, and after I got home I got sicker and sicker. There went the next two days. Tonight, I'm coming back to life, it seems.

You know, I should never fly. I get sick every damned time. If I could drive The Turtle to England, I would.

Anyway, this is the first time I've even plugged the computer in. I hadn't even unpacked it. Now I'm back to catching up. It seems that I'm always trying to catch up. Oh, and I suppose I should finish unpacking, eh?

5 comments:

Karen said...

Welcome home, and thanks for taking us with you! I hope you feel better really soon.senctur

Unknown said...

Welcome home--hope you're on the mend!

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

Thanks for the trip! It was a great way to escape Ohio monsoons.

Maribeth
Giggles and Guns

RLM Cooper said...

Welcome home, Sandra!

Sandra Leigh said...

Thanks, folks.Yes, I'm on the mend now -- sniffly but unbowed.