Tuesday, June 01, 2010

On the Road Again

Just a quick note: We are in Dorset now, spending the night in the home of Robin's brother and his wife, who kindly postponed their own plans to spend a few days in Devon, in order to accommodate our unplanned delay. Tomorrow, they will drive down to Devon, and we will head to Richmond to spend two days with our Luddite* friend Pat before we catch our plane home. Meanwhile, I've taken this opportunity to print out our new e-tickets. Don't you just love computers?

*I can't think of anyone else I know who doesn't own a computer  -- not a single computer. Pat doesn't even have an e-mail address.I found out the other night that she has finally got herself a mobile phone, so perhaps an i-Pad will be next, though I can imagine her rolling her eyes at the very idea.

We did go to Avon Dam again yesterday. The weather was beautiful, and the rhododendrons had come into bloom since we were last there. (Oh, dear. I just went to put a photo in here, and I got my brother-in-law's photo albums instead of my own. It took me a moment to realize what was wrong. Oh, yeah. This is not your computer, Sandra.)  Never mind. I'll show you the photos another time. On our walk to the dam, we stopped a couple of times to rest, and then we sat down by the dam itself, and each time we stopped, I worked on the poem I was going to take along on the Poetry Bus -- but then I had no internet and I missed the bus. I guess that's another thing I'll put off for a few days. Maybe I can make my poem fit the next assignment.

7 comments:

Barb said...

You sound like you're having a fabulous trip. Safe flight home to you both.

I look forward to seeing the pictures, it is such a beautiful part of the world.

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

Come home safely and don't forget the pictures. Yours not your brother-in-law's.

Maribeth
Giggles and Guns

RLM Cooper said...

When are you coming home?

Sandra Leigh said...

Hi, folks - borrowing internet access for a moment at a Starbucks - headed home tomorrow - this afternoon, Kew Gardens -- prepare for lots of photos!

Anonymous said...

I will be looking forward to reading your poem. God Bless!

Barry said...

Sometimes unexpected delays are a blessing in disguise. Or creative people can make them so.

Kathryn Magendie said...

Thinking of you on your fabulous journeys!