Sunday, October 10, 2010

I am Very, very full...

and grateful to my next-door neighbour, who invited R and me (and several other people) over for Thanksgiving dinner. She served -- and we ate -- turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, ham, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, cheese sauce, carrots,sweet potatoes, squash, fresh pineapple, apple pie, pumpkin pie, ice cream, whipped cream, and wine.

Oy.

It was delicious, every bit of it, and we even got to bring home some leftovers, which we might just be hungry enough to eat some time this week, though at the moment it feels as if I'll never be hungry again.


While we were there, I found out that this same neighbour hosts a Stitch & Bitch in her living room every Wednesday night. I think I'll check it out. There will be people doing crafts that are not knitting, which might be interesting, if weird.

It's funny. We've been neighbours for years, but it's only just recently that we've gone beyond the "Good morning, lovely day" stage and started to get properly acquainted. I like this.

Speaking of gratitude, I saw Mamma Mia again the other day, and I can't stop singing this song:


2 comments:

Tracy said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Sandra... albeit a bit belated! ;o) Your weekend sounded very fun, tasty and full of song. LOVED the Mamma Mia film... I could watch that again. Such fun to see you at Ravelry! :o)

Sandra Leigh said...

Hi, Tracy. I've lost count of how many times I've seen Mamma Mia. I would watch it just for the finale -- but I love the whole thing. Ravelry. Now there's another addiction in the making.